This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Protein and Cell Analysis.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations and demonstrations of solutions, whilst showing flexibility to accommodate customer requirements.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences.
- Maintain and increase current customer database.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy level with ability to take initiative.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other groups to develop business.
- Teamwork oriented with collaborative style.
- Ability to travel up to 60 – 70% of the time
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent
- Previous experience in commercial organizations, technical sales experience is an advantage
- Prior experience in Cell or Molecular Biology
- Well organized individual with ability to establish short and long-term business objectives and have a demonstrable record of measuring performance toward those objectives
- Fluent in English
- Very good planning skills, ability to learn.
- Flexibility to travel within and outside the country. No visa restrictions.
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business