Job Title: Global Product Manager – Workflow solutions: Antibiotic Susceptibility testing (AST)
Location:Basingstoke OR East Grinstead
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources
and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Due to the growth of the Business a new role has been created to manage the instrument portfolio in the Sensititre range within the Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing team. If you want a role where you can contribute to shaping the business for the future and improve the work flow in customers laboratories then this is an ideal position.
- Develop and implement 1-5 year strategic portfolio plan for AST instrument portfolio and customer solutions.
- Ensure the Voice of the Customer and market needs define new and enhanced products that solve customer challenges.
- Lead cross functional teams through the new Product development process to ensure the product meets the Voice of Customer driven product design specification.
- Develop and execute product launch plans, in collaboration with Global and regional marketing ensuring a compelling value proposition and positioning.
- Develop and implement training programs with a ‘train-the-trainer’ ethos that enables capability and confidence to over-sell specific products in the AST range.
- Propose budget guidelines and review regional sales plans ensuring accurate demand forecasting.
- Develop global workflow tools to support the implementation of strategies to support sales to reach targets.
- Co-ordinate implementation of corrective actions including production of required marketing and technical literature.
- Develop margin expansion through management of product value stream, range rationalization and clear price guidance to the organization
- Drive continuous improvement in line with the demands of the customer.
- Scientific degree
- Experience in a routine pathology environment
- Demonstrate a passion for improving patient outcomes, for example in developing and launching new initiatives (e.g. lab automation, LIMS, interfacing with clinical stakeholders, infection control).
- Proven experience in using workflow optimization tools to optimize Laboratory processes.
- Strong track record in sales/Marketing demonstrating business acumen.
- International work experience is highly valued as is the command of language(s) beyond English.
• Business and/ or Marketing qualifications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com