When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is a critical role our Laboratory Consumables Division in Rochester, NY. This position provides leadership with a focus on engagement and continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high profile segment of our growing and evolving business.
- Coach and support your team including all aspects of performance management and employee development
- Ensure employees follow company policies, safety rules and support the 5S process
- Facilitate shift-to-shift communications and foster open communication among employees
- Listen, engage and encourage employee input and suggestions to develop a team environment that achieves daily production goals
- Process weekly payroll including managing PTO and scheduling
- Develop a shift production schedule ensuring that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Participate in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO, GMP, FDA and class 7 requirements
- Maintain quality system by following SOP’s and QWI’s
- Resolve escalations in a fair manner
- Complete containment and quickly restore flow
- Accurately oversee Lot File reconciliation
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. BS degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Work experience under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), ISO standard and familiarization of FDA material regulations desired
- SMED experience supporting mold and process requirements preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project management and effective organization and planning
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions
- Effective leader with team building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledge in MS Office including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (less than 5%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.