When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the work to fulfill that mission requires tremendous passion and dedication. If you want to take a back-seat and watch the road ahead, this is not the role for you. If you want to be part of a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $17 billion in annual revenue, then we want to hear from you. No other company can match our range of customer touch points—technologically, geographically or commercially. We help customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Working within the company’s Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) the Human Resources Business Partner will partner closely with the Commercial Operations organization in Carlsbad, representing over 300 employees across various commercial disciplines. Our commercial team is the first line to our customers, who are doing incredible work across the spectrum of life sciences using our trusted products and services. As an HR Business Partner, you will work will key stakeholders and clients to improve organizational capability, drive change and cultural evolution, define organizational needs, determine training and development needs, resolve employee issues, and contribute to the achievement of divisional strategic and operating plan objectives. You must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of multiple clients groups and leverage your human resources capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
In addition to partnering closely with the business, you’ll work with an HR team that believes in the profound impact that thoughtful, pragmatic and innovative people solutions can have on business success. Our work is a story of health, innovation, momentum, authenticity, progress, investment, and justice. Come write your own story with us.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Consult with functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability
- Facilitate employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals
- Drive the HR components of business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase productivity, competence, and effectiveness for your client groups
- Participate and/or lead Division HR projects focused on continuous improvement of core programs and services
- Ensure alignment of HR processes like, Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), among others, with strategic and operating goals
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment
- Ensure effective talent management
including recruitment, assessment and development
as the organization grows both organically and through acquisition.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encourage employees to continuously develop skills in their field of work
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center of excellence (COE), including staffing coordination and job requisition management
- Manage annual performance and salary reviews including variable pay programs
- Remain up to date on relevant US and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues and update management on policies/processes as necessary
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements including OSHA compliance and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Other duties as assigned
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 5+ years of experience. Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt employee populations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required. Majors in either Human Resources or a business related field required; an MBA or Masters in Labor Relations is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.