The Thermo Fisher Scientific Portsmouth, NH facility is a 3-shift manufacturing facility and is a part of the Anatomical Pathology Division within the Specialty Diagnostics Group. The Specialty Diagnostics Group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products in order to serve customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories.
The products produced at this facility are specialty glass products for diagnostics with pathology labs in the hospital setting as well as independent labs both research and academia. Thermo Fisher’s healthcare products are used to increase the speed and accuracy of diagnoses, which improves patient care in a more cost-efficient manner. The work at this facility helps Thermo Fisher in achieving its desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan – eligible to participate to earn additional compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days of employment
- Great growth opportunity across Thermo Fisher Scientific
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work under the direction of mechanics and electricians for various preventative maintenance tasks on industrial equipment used in a manufacturing environment.
- Changing belts, bearings, gearboxes, rollers and brushes on equipment
- Maintain fluid levels and lubrication of equipment
- Cleaning, painting, sandblasting various components of machinery
- Ability to read and interpret meters, rules and other measuring instruments.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and in working in a safe and efficient manner
- Completing tasks by assigned dates and priorities
- Filling out work orders daily
- Tracking time in MP2 or other CMMS Systems ensuring that paid hours are accounted for correctly
- Ensuring preventative maintenance tasks are completed according written procedure
- Consistently providing and supporting the overall maintenance of the facility, accommodating shifting schedules to meet the needs of the business and maintenance goals (i.e. plant shut downs) and providing critical support to the Value Streams.
- Maintain and improve inventory for the facility and production equipment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Be able to lift 70 pounds, work standing on hard surfaces, ladders, under and around equipment for entire shift.
- Candidate must poses their own basic hand tools and rolling tool box.
- Reliable, hard working and willing to learn.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED from an accredited institution
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.