When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director of the Program Management Office within Digital Technology Delivery (DTD) and eBusiness oversees the planning and execution of over $30M of investment in eBusiness capabilities. They are responsible for the framework that enables successful delivery within Agile and traditional delivery models. The role interacts with all levels of the organization from senior leadership to individual teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in strategic planning and the translation of the strategic plan into executable roadmaps
- Owns the software development lifecycle framework that governs solution delivery based on both an Agile and traditional model including:
- Standard processes and deliverables for project management, development, operations, etc.
- Standard tools and templates
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management
- Issue and risk management including escalations
- Owns the resource management process and works collaboratively with peers to ensure resources are planned and allocated appropriately, and proactively addresses resource constraints
- Owns management of investment strategy across the portfolio and facilitates the trade-off discussions including the in-take process
- Uses the project framework and KPIs to proactively identify project risks or troubled projects, and collaborates with the team on a remediation plan
- Monitors overall project portfolio including, but not limited to: on time start of projects, appropriate allocation of project funds, etc.
- Maintains close and collaborative relationships with Finance, Enterprise PMO, and other functional IT teams
- Drives continuous process improvement throughout DTD
- Coordinates the preparation of material needed to support reviews, reporting, etc.
- Coordinates content for the bimonthly Newsletter
- Bachelor degree in business or a technical-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years work experience leading a Project Office in multiple industry environments
- Project management certification a plus
- Demonstrated self-discipline and self-motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong industry knowledge of project management principles, but with a demonstrated ability to adapt approaches
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Interest in expanding one’s knowledge in the technology industry
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions and contribute to corporate efficiency objectives
- Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills, with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience operating in an Agile environment is strongly preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong client support orientation
- Experience leading a Project Office across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to travel 10-20%
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.