When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You'll Make a Difference:
The Supplier Quality Engineering will be responsible for all technical aspects of Supplier management including the development, implementation and maintenance of the quality systems, programs, policies, procedures and controls that work to ensure that supplier product performance and quality meet established standards. In addition, the candidate will participate in the evaluation of incoming materials and the disposition of nonconforming product, supplier continuous improvement efforts, manufacturing process monitoring and measurement for two manufacturing sites.
What You'll Get to Do:
· Provide leadership to process improvement teams both internal and external to the company.
· Ensure incoming product quality from Contract Manufacturers and raw material suppliers meets company goals and objectives.
· Perform vendor audits and qualifications.
· Manage closed loop supplier corrective action plans and bring all related issues to closure.
· Ability to conduct organizational and program audits based on a complete understanding of the principles embodied in IS0-9001:2008
· Provide technical support to Purchasing for second source and cost reduction activities.
· Work effectively with suppliers, purchasing, new product development teams, operations and customer service as needed.
· Comfortable making decisions quickly, with minimal supervision.
· Support Incoming QC with Material Review Board resolution and tracking.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to get involved in hands on work, particularly in the area of establishing root cause and corrective action related to product or process defects are a must in this role
· Establish and Implement a supplier quality management process.
· Work in conjunction with the Purchasing team on qualifying new suppliers and changes to existing components.
· Experience with a global supply chain
· Travel required (between 25-50%, mostly day travel, occasional global)
· Other related duties as assigned.
· BS Engineering or related degree, and 3-5 years direct Supplier Quality or related experience.
· Experience with chemical production and/or electro-mechanical device assembly
· Proven track record in supplier quality
· Able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing at all levels of management, employees, customers and suppliers
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite is required.
· Experience and training in quality assurance techniques, auditing, and inspection practices required.
· Problem solving ability, communication skills, and diplomacy required.
· ASQ certification a plus.
· SAP experience a plus
Relocation assistance has been approved for this position.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.