When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Materials Planner manages the end-to-end Supply Chain from Sales Forecasting, Planning, Master Production Scheduling Maintains, Capacity Planning, Purchasing, Production Order Management and Sales Order Fulfillment.
- Implements and coordinates best practice inventory planning in a cold chain environment and replenishment of raw materials, components, WIP and finished goods
- Collaborates and participates in every aspect of supply chain management and understands manufacturing operations to maintain a repeatable and reliable process cognizant of cost and risk implications for the business unit
- Adept in establishing and documenting processes and leveraging systems to efficiently supply plan in a growth oriented environment in SAP ERP system
- Develops Inventory Management: day of sales reporting, inventory parameters, reduction and reserve percentage measurements, revaluation, Product Life Cycle management; measure related KPI’s
- Purchasing Management includes PR to PO execution, vendor compliance, reduction of cycle process time and strengthening vendor relationships
- Proactively helps resolve and mitigate back orders through closed loop planning and high regard to customer allegiance score card
- Able to communicate vertically from senior leadership to shop floor personnel and horizontally across Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Quality, Purchasing, Planning, Research and Development, Pre-production, Production, Customer Service/ Ordering and Logistics
- Participates and contributes to monthly SIOP (Sales Inventory & Operations Planning) process
- Responsible for material analysis and assistance with the process of change orders.
- Completes special projects and assignments as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Two (2) years of materials planning and purchasing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- SAP MRP ERP experience
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- APICS CPIM/CSCP certification or certification in progress
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.