Job Title: Warehouse Operative
This is a fixed term contract role for a period of 12 months. In order to apply for this role you MUST have a COMPLETE 5 year employment and/or educational history with no more than 28 days break in between roles.
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
General warehouse duties including to receive raw materials and finished kits, pick items for internal customers and pack products for domestic and export shipments.
- To receive, check and store finished pack products in line with required regulations (IATA, IMDG etc);
- To pick raw materials for the packing, filling and lab departments
- To receive raw materials in from suppliers in line with requirements
- To ensure that the quality of service required by customers is achieved through accurate picking, packing and dispatch
- To undertake stock checks and control stock inventory located either in cold store or at room temperature.
- To maintain good general housekeeping.
- To operate safely and with due regard to the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To maintain a clean and tidy environment (Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP))
- To be actively involved in continuous improvements in the area.
- To be trained in and use equipment and machinery as required
- To work as a team and use own initiative when not under supervision.
- Any others duties/projects as are reasonable and within the skills and ability of the post-holder.
- GCSE maths and English language preferred.
- Basic literacy and numeracy essential.
- Computer literate
- Experience with Dangerous Goods desirable
- Experience of working within a Known Consigner Security Regulations environment preferred.
- Previous truck experience preferred – Reach truck, counter balance, stock picker etc
- Experience of data input onto a database is preferred (SAP).
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Flexibility in the variety of roles undertaken.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A full 5 year background check will need to be conducted and verified.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.