Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect product as you complete the work order.
- Assemble boxes and pack product.
- Assist production in problem resolution.
- Record the necessary production data.
- Keep work areas clean and neat.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
- Recommend acceptability of products/processes.
- Make recommendations to improve products and/or processes.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good general math skills.
- Basic problem solving skills required
- Basic organizational skills required
- Basic skills with assembly equipment/processes used in department
- Must be able to follow written procedures (SOP’s).
- Basic writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently with occasional assistance.
- Must have basic understanding of production schedules.
(1) Physical Activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move object.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Inspection, Close Assembly: Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, using measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to eye.
(4) Environmental Conditions: The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes