When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Visually inspect the raw material and or sub-assemblies from previous operations making sure that they are free of any apparent defects.
- Depending on the work that is assigned, may have the responsibility of performing all or some of the following operations:
- RF induction soldering
- Glass blowing or forming
- Pellet manufacturing with hydraulic press
- Cable Stripping
- Marking and or labeling of product with logos
- Any other operation necessary in the manufacture of a product as long as the person has been fully trained by a group leader or another assembler with more experience and properly documented.
- Assembly of product as assigned by a group leader or supervisor following the appropriate work instructions and any other instruction given by the group leader or supervisor. Verify that the parts being used are in good condition and properly pre-assembled depending on the assembly or product that is being manufactured.
- Maintain the equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Perform a visual inspection of the assembly work being performed to make sure that it is of the best quality possible.
- Responsible to perform all duties assigned in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform any other job or function as assigned by the group leader or supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- 1-2 years of experience in any either glass blowing, Soldering, or cable Stripping is required.
- Experience using a torch or burner heat to form the glass into the shapes and dimensions that will eventually become an electrode
- Reading and Writing in Spanish and English is required.
- Working knowledge of units of measure and basic math skills.
- Able to lift 30-50lbs
- Able to stand or sit for 8-10 hours.
- Will be required to use safety personal protective equipment, while performing duties assigned as well as must be trained and apt to follow safety procedures.
- Willing to work overtime at short notice, which may include but isn’t limited to weekends.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Must be able to fingering. picking, pinching small parts and to do repetitive motion with substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The essential functions require grasping and applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm and to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Able to use both hands to perform crystal parts formation or manipulation with small tooling (Glass blowing area)
- Work with high temperature oven for crystal generation with small tools and protective gear (glove, sleeves, apron, face shield and helmet (Glass blowing area)
- Work with torches on lathes with repetitive wrist movements (Glass blowing area)
- Good lung capacity to maintain a repetitive blow to form crystal parts (Glass blowing area)
- Is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines such as lathes (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Must be able to move within the cell or from one cell to another.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.