How You Will Make A Difference:
Support key product line and enable and facilitate the improvement of quality of services and products provided by the Marietta Manufacturing Center of Excellence. Drive shift of quality responsibility to the process owners. Enhance Customer Allegiance and drive down Cost of Quality in complete value chain from supplier to end user of products and services. Steward and teach scientific approaches including, statistical techniques and Practical Process Improvement methodologies in a “Lean” environment. Measure and report operational performance on Key Business Metrics for assigned suppliers, and products. Travel as necessary, worldwide, to facilitate product transfers, perform root cause analysis, conduct process audits and too enable Continual Improvement. Perform other duties as Assigned by the Quality Manager.
What You Will Get To Do:
• Enable collaborative relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments to prevent quality related wastes.
• Drive plant wide corrective and preventive action activities (using 8D, A3, and similar methodologies) with special emphasis on evaluation of returned customer product and leading corrective action teams to determine solutions to permanently eliminate root cause.
• Lead a Customer Focused Improvement Team (CFIT)
• Teach Process Improvement Tools and routinely coach use of tools.
• Drive supplier quality improvement and measure effectiveness.
• Capture internal and external Quality Performance Data and provide linkage to Process Owners to drive improvement.
• Conduct formal assessments of internal and external processes.
• Provide a continual flow of recommendations to reduce systemic waste.
• Serve as a manufacturing liaison during new product development.
• Engage in harmonizing, maintaining and enhancing the Asheville’s and Marietta’s Quality Management System.
• Some Domestic and International travel required.
• May serve as back up for complaints and recall process.
• Demonstrate continual self improvement.
Thorough working knowledge of various continual process improvement techniques and CAPA. Proficient in process auditing and statistical waste reduction techniques. Knowledgeable in data collection, measuring, analysis, improvement and control. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite. Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, FDA, ISO 9000, ISO 13485 and risk based quality standards. Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, validation and change control concepts for medical device manufacturing.
• Bachelors degree required, from an accredited higher learning institution. Engineering preferred and MBA desired.
• 5 years experience in Quality Systems is required, 15 + years is desired.
• 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
• Experience in manufacturing of cascade refrigeration systems, refrigerated products or biomedical assessment of refrigerated products is strongly preferred.
• Background in statistical data desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including good persuasion skills are a must.
• ASQ, Quality Engineer Certificate is required or commitment to obtain ASQ, Certified Quality Engineer Certification, within 24 months of hire.
• Global travel up to 10%.
This position is budgeted for relocation assistance