Job Title: Staff Engineer, Software
Job Location: Bangalore
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
AmpliSeq Designer is a cloud-based Java/JEE web app, extensively using
- multiple AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, SQS, SNS, SES, VPC, Elastic Ips
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role is of a hands-on lead engineer (individual contributor) who could make a difference to the product in terms of the design and architecture, and actively contribute to the development of new features.
- The role is expected to actively participate in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc., and contribute towards identifying technical risks, alternate solutions to various problems etc.
- Lead the resolution of complex customer queries and production issues that trickle down to the engineering team
- Actively interact with stake holders (product owner, R&D and engineering leads) on various technical topics, product features: be opinionated, provide alternatives and critically evaluate the various alternatives provided
- Front-end the resolution of the complex customer queries / production issues that trickle down to Engineering team.
- Actively interact with stakeholders (product owners, R&D and engineering leads) on various technical topics / product features, be opinionated, provide alternatives, and critically evaluate the various alternatives provided
Required Experience :
- 7+ years hands on experience designing web-based applications in Java/JEE technologies.
- 7+ years of Hands on experience in Java application development frameworks and technologies: Apache tomcat, JPA/Hibernate, JSP, Struts2, Spring, REST APIs and JSON/XML/Ajax.
- Hands on Experience in Cross-browser development and troubleshooting.
- Solid programming experience and very strong in programming disciplines like object oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and unit testing (TDD using junit)
- Significant experience using Agile Scrum development processes.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Knowledge in database applications (MySQL/Oracle)
- Experience with building applications using genomic data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduate in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India. ThermoFisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.