Director, Marketing HID
Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Market Development – Lead a marketing team to identify global and regional market trends and growth opportunities. Gather and use relevant data to generate actionable insights and programs which drive market awareness, demand generation and competitive differentiation to achieve revenue targets.
- Strategic Planning - Develop and execute strategic market development plan for Human Identification’s global product portfolio to meet revenue objectives. Understand important market dynamics, customer needs and competitive activities.
- Team Leadership – Lead a high-functioning team of marketing professionals, providing inspiration, guidance, coaching and development.
- Marketing Program Management – Develop and execute global marketing programs and sales tools to enable new product introductions and sustaining programs. Ensure cross-functional program alignment and execution among Global and Regional Market Development teams, Product Management, Sales and other stakeholders. Oversee production of marketing materials including collateral, direct mail and eMarketing/Web.
- Marketing Innovation - Lead creation and deployment of innovative, region-specific Marketing approaches and viral marketing programs to drive demand.
- Product and Applications Training and Support – Develop and deliver effective applications training programs emphasizing product differentiation, competitive selling strategies and tactics; provide ongoing sales support to influence customer decisions. Work with Product Management, Regional Market Development, Applications, Training and other teams to develop content and deliver training.
- Partner Management - Act as project/program lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing materials and sales tools.
- Broad and deep experience developing and deploying global marketing programs in Life Sciences.
- Strong understanding of forensics market and industry trends to develop and deploy effective global marketing programs.
- Demonstrated success working in a complex matrix environment including motivating and leading highly productive teams through direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Experience developing and conducting product training for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers.
- Expertise in developing and conducting market assessment surveys
- Broad understanding of various marketing methods and techniques and when to select each
- Strong commercial understanding and awareness. Proven success in building collaborative partnerships with commercial teams (Sales, Field Applications, Technical Support) and internal teams (Product Management, Regulatory & Quality, R&D and Manufacturing).
- Strong written communication skills, particularly in communicating scientific information effectively to various customer segments including scientific buyers, influencers and users
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-focused with the experience to understand and influence customer decisions
- Strong process improvement mindset – able to drive productivity and sustainable improvements.
- Proven experience and familiarity leading a metrics-driven organization, with the ability to understand the data and derive action plans from that data.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related discipline plus 10+ years of experience driving new business and revenue growth with a global biotechnology company.
- MBA highly desirable