Job Title: Senior Distribution Operation Analyst, LPG EMEA
Reports To: LPG Supply Chain Operations Director
Position Location: Bleiswijk, NL
Under the direction of the EMEA LPG Supply Chain Operations Director, this position is coordinating LPG EMEA Distribution and Transportation - working closely with Thermo Fisher Transportation Group, Commercial team, Order Fulfillment team and the Supply Chain Planning teams. This person will coordinate LPG EMEA efforts in reducing distribution and transportation costs, increasing transbilling/ customer service charges, improving quality, service and reliability.
- The Sr. Dist. Ops. Analyst will be the focal point for all product movements, inbound and outbound from/to all EMEA Laboratory Product Group Operations.
- Support the annual operating plan, Manage the Distribution centers and forwarders ensuring a consistent and predictable flow of goods, information, reporting and cost;
- Provide detailed, timely and accurate reporting of 3PL warehouse/freight cost and analyses with recommended actions, Manage and represent Supply Chain team on key programs and projects
- Coordinates LPG EMEA distribution/transportation optimization to reduce cost, complexity and maximize service
- Coordinates distribution and transportation activities to optimize month end, quarter end and Year end shipments
- Monitors and ensures compliance to routing guide set up in carrier, service, and mode selection
- Evaluates and supports improvement of transport co-ordination; both internal and with 3rd party suppliers
- Establish and monitor goals & metrics aimed at continuous improvement; utilizing existing and developing incremental metrics to ensure customer service and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for distribution and transportation complaints (through SF.com) process and takes appropriate action to resolve issues (root cause analysis, CAPA etc) in collaboration with stakeholders (QA and more)
- Ensures the performance of all distribution centers carriers meets the expectations of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Works with Legal and Insurance on distribution center and transportation claims to reduce Thermo Fisher Scientific impact from transportation issues.
- Ensures internal and 3rd party compliance with all Import / Export and distribution related ISO/GMP, corporate and governmental regulations together with the LPG EMEA Customs and Compliance team.
- Monitors, reports and manages distribution center and transportation cost expenses, transbilling/freight revenue lines and any deviations to insure plans and targets are achieved.
- Understands and audits potential 3rd party billing processes and ensures invoice approval meets Thermo Fisher Scientific requirements
- Reports cost/transbilling revenue and any deviations to targets on a monthly basis.
- Works with finance and other relevant functions to ensure accurate accrual on distribution operation cost
- Oversees, optimizes and co-ordinates inbound, outbound and intercompany transportation and distribution service agreements.
- Participates in periodic carrier performance reviews in EMEA
- Participates in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects as needed to improve LPG EMEA distribution/transportation processes
- Reinforce and role model the Corporate Values (integrity, intensity, innovation, involvement).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate goals, metrics, data and plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- Must be able to demonstrate a penchant for action, a high level of professionalism, good judgment/decision making and an appropriate level of assertiveness and ambition.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related field.
- CPIM or equivalent related certification / education.
- Solid experience in Supply Chain or Shipping/Transportation
- Working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint and excellent knowledge of Excel
- Good language skills, English at negotiation level as a minimum
- German language skills is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.