Account Manager, Toxicology - Midwest
Job ID :
US - Illinois - Remote / Field|US - Minnesota - Remote / Field|US - Wisconsin - Remote / Field
Summary of essential job functions
- Responsible for direct sales of the company’s products into a specified geographic area and effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Develops a business plan for each major account; monitors and reports progress regularly and advises Sales Manager of results.
- Work effectively with distribution channels that support the business in addition to direct sales.
- Establish customer pricing within defined ranges, providing price quotations and assist in preparing Bid documents, processes specifications, progress, and other reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, marketing and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Assist in the forecasting and the projection of sales from new and existing customers for both reagents and instruments.
- Attend various trade shows and assist in booth staffing.
- Work extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software (Salesforce).
- Provide feedback and interact on a frequent basis with Sales Managers, Field Service, Customer service, Marketing, and finance.
- Bachelor degree or related experience in sales.
- Minimum 3 year successful role in field sales, preferable in diagnostic or criminal justice markets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan and execute activities with minimal direct supervision.
- Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- SalesForce.com experiences a plus.
- Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills.
- Must have highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Must be proficient with MS office programs.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%-70% of the time.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.