The Senior Production Planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements to best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels. Will plan and manage production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and analyze order releases with respect to capacity planning, spares planning and material requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased component, to meet production schedules.
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from [ERP].
- Advises on availability date to Demand Planning, Shipping or Customer Service teams.
- Acts on termination or cancellation requests from Demand Planning, Sales, or Customer Service.
- Managers floor stock with shelf life material for production.
- Reviews work in process material inventory from production floor.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report.
- Reviews purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the Value Stream or Production Area.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Utilize statistical methods, such as Re-Order Points, and best practices for FG inventory planning.
- Maintains standard lead-times and service objectives in the [ERP], while minimizing the use air freight and other expedite costs.
- Provides input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
- Participates in problem resolution activities, when required, to insure timely deliveries to / from global locations to customers. Support back-order reduction efforts.
- Supports development and implementation of the Lean Supply Chain.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant purchasing or planning experience.
- A Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field.
- Strong SAP experience
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- APICS certification
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification