Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Carlsbad, CA. The successful candidate will primarily support the Group Accounting function of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG), a $4B+ business across 175 ledgers globally.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist with pension accounting including preparation of the pension financial statements
- Assist with the purchase accounting for new acquisitions and ongoing integration
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Global monthly balance sheet review
- Intercompany transaction and reconciliation support
- Fixed Asset approval process
- Complete special projects as requested
- Degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience at a large public international corporation OR 3 to 5 years at a public accounting firm.
- Most recent role must be within an accounting function
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- History of being responsible for multiple accounting areas or experience in multiple accounting functions.
Key Success Factors:
- Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Inquisitive individual that thinks globally and has the ability to apply sound judgment based on US GAAP and fundamental finance concepts
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with all levels within the organization
- Experience with SAP, JDE Enterprise One, and Hyperion Financial Management desirable
- Quick learner with an ability to excel in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment