This is a fixed term position until 1st July 2017
Job Title: Production Planner
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of
a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing
global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17
billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources
and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To ensure production targets are met by planning and co-ordinating cross-functional activities.
- The generation and update of Master Production Schedules (MPS) that show both the ideally required supply of finished goods and the actual planned supply.
- Cascade the requirements for component manufacture down from the MPS through the secondary manufacturing areas and into the bulk laboratories. Co-ordinate supply through these areas, communicate changes in priorities and expediting requirements.
- Co-ordination of scheduled activities in Manufacturing, Planning, Secondary Manufacturing, Quality Control and PQA.
- Capacity planning within the Secondary Manufacturing areas and Quality Control ensuring maximum output is maintained and customer expectations are met.
- Ensuring critical promise dates are met and communicated to all parties.
- Progress chasing to ensure critical events occur on the day required.
- Preparing detailed production schedules with Product Leaders for priority products to meet specific delivery dates or prevent backorders.
- Responsible for familiarising and complying with all health, safety and environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instructions relevant to working within their area of the Company.
- To create and amend product structures and routing instructions according to new product and change note requirements using the implementation of Effectivity dates
- To create and amend Item Masters according to new product and change note requirements.
- Track and co-ordinate the implementation of change notes and the products they affect.
Any other duties/projects as are reasonable and within the skills and ability of the post-holder.
- Aptitude with spreadsheets using Microsoft 2007 Excel
- GCSE level education
- Experience within a planning office environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP or another MRP system
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.