Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Focus: Category/Business Management
- Responsible for achieving financial and market success in the region and providing region-level line-of-sight visibility (local pulse) to WW platform and Market Development
- Manage Region market performance in conjunction with sales leaders —short-term forecasting, sales and shipments, gap-to-close analysis and corrective actions as required
- Perform detailed analysis and routine reporting to Global Marketing of Region business performance (i.e. Region revenue, unit/solution actual sales to forecast, campaign implementation status and results) so that appropriate actions can be planned. Recommend actions based on seasonality and competitive pressures, key partner performance and issues as appropriate
- Work with pricing and sales leadership to optimize Region pricing ,responsible for “price get”
- Plans and executes Region- and country-level NPIs, price actions, rollovers, upgrades and obsolescence of existing products
Focus: Region Segment Campaigns and New Product Launches
- Responsible for adapting global campaigns and programs for execution in the region to establish strong customer and category positions including:
- Country program adaptation and execution
- Local communications deliverables, web content and translations, support center preparation to support campaigns
- Industry and customer events
- Region industry relationship management
- Installed base management and development
- Responsible for new product introduction/launch execution (NPI) and deployment plan, including country level PR, local web content and local activities to support launch
- Develops and implements local sales and competitive response campaigns and programs
- Execute programs and activities to support Life Technologies channels, including events, dealers, sales and sales centers
- Sales Training delivery
- Consistent tracking and analysis of region market performance
- Timely delivery of performance reporting
- All campaigns executed on time and on strategy
- NPS for region
- % of business over the web
- Customer measures—Region Market Share, Retention, Acquisition
- Product Management
- Market Development
- Territory Leads
- Digital Marketing
- Regional Marketing
- Revenue $ and growth ($ and %)
- Gross margin $ and % / $ improvements
Core Competencies for Success:
Business Knowledge/Intelligence. Knowledgeable about how organizations function; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network. Demonstrates consistent intellectual sharpness, agility and capability.
Marketing Excellence/Capacity. Is quality driven; executes to strategy focusing on generating the profitable growth for the business. Is committed to continuous process improvement.
Market/Customer Focused. Demonstrates and acts on customer needs and insight. Uses market/customer information to identify issues and opportunities. Builds bonds with internal and external partners. Balances competing interests and issues and readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing business demands.
Business/Category Knowledge. Possesses outstanding, current knowledge of the relevant markets and industry and stays at the forefront of business, technical, and strategic developments. Has a thorough understanding of current technology and applications across target customer segments. Anticipates changes in industry direction and takes action.
Drives for Results and Growth. Serves the whole business. Works with urgency. Achieves strategic and financial goals. Pushes for quality improvements. Delivers measurable results.
Builds Commitment and Communicates Clear Expectations. Champions company/corporate goals. Excites, motivates, and energizes others. Fosters trust. Able to achieve results through others.
Champions Diversity. Respects, understands, and values individual differences to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Treats all people with dignity.
Takes Measured Risks. Researches and evaluates options; acts decisively when complete information is unavailable. Challenges the status quo; supports divergent thinking in others. Gives and receives constructive, candid feedback. Unafraid to try the untried.
Learns Continuously. Embraces new and diverse ideas. Is reflective; extracts learning from failure. Is flexible in changing and ambiguous situations. Builds own personal development plan to acquire/advance skills. Shares learnings broadly.
Sequencing, qPCR experience, strong understanding of the genetic analysis sector of the market. Preference of experience within clinical/diagnostics market segment.
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business management. Marketing and/or sales experience. Successful track record of achieving results through and in collaboration with others. Proficient in understanding, analyzing and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, market and research information/data. Excellent analytical, communications—both oral and written, and project management skills.