Job Title: Vertical Marketing Manager
Requisition ID: 39541BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Reporting into the Director, APAC Regional Marketing, the Vertical Marketing Manager has responsibility for ensuring vertical marketing programs are deployed, building regional campaign tactics to support global campaigns, and developing regional-specific collateral. Vertical markets include food safety, environmental, industrial, pharma, biopharma, clinical and toxicology.
This position will work closely with the global vertical marketing leaders to drive in-region programs. The Vertical Marketing Manager is an integral part of the regional marketing team and is a key interface with global vertical marketing, product marketing, country teams and the commercial organization. The role supports vertical marketing and regional marketing during annual (AOP) marketing planning and provides a view into vertical market opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive vertical outbound marketing tactics and support AOP marketing plan development with multiple vertical teams, regional marketing and commercial organization and ensure strategic plan alignment. Execute vertical campaigns to be deployed regionally. Gauge and improve marketing performance and ROI.
- Create vertical content for the web, social and other digital channels for assigned market areas. Collaborate with digital marketing to drive web metrics.
- Expand the value and interest in the web communities and increase the number of new vertical contacts in the marketing database for assigned market areas.
- Analyze and report out market, competitive, and application trends as well as new workflow opportunities for the assigned market areas.
- Review and drive APAC marketing metrics
- Execute post-launch NPI campaigns to support growth initiatives for the assigned vertical areas
- Establish goals for regulatory relations. Coordinate regulatory tactics for assigned market areas across regions.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry Chemistry; MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
- 5-10 years’ work experience with solid analytic/scientific technology and market knowledge. Prior experience in global and/or vertical tactics development.
- Demonstrated results in driving campaign results targeting specific market segments that include web, search, social media, advertising and events.
- Ability to travel 30%.
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Strong ability to form relationships with marketing communications, country marketing, digital marketing and commercial teams without authority. Responsive to commercial needs.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.