Job Title: Packaging Engineer III?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
Requisition ID: 39104BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a member of the Custom Cell within Grand Island Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for packaging designs to meet customer requirements and development of equipment processes in the manufacturing operations for that packaging design. The packaging engineer will have frequent interactions with customers, product managers, business development professionals and manufacturing engineers on current and new packaging and equipment opportunities.
1) The successful candidate will lead teams and utilize knowledge of current product designs, materials, industry requirements, and processes to drive revenue growth through the design of flexible and rigid packaging products that address customer workflows.
2) Demonstrate product capability through building prototypes, assessing equipment manufacturability, testing and validation of the developed design for customer approval.
3) Excellent communication skills and ability to educate commercial team and customers (as needed) on current packaging offerings and best practice is required.
4) Proficiency with AutoCAD application or other 3d modeling software is preferred.
5) The successful candidate can expect to visit customers when needed with members of the Business/Commercial Team to design custom solutions based on unique customer workflows.
6) The successful candidate will need to play a lead role in the packaging designs approved by the customer and ensure design for manufacturability, including equipment change control/ modifications and/ or upgrades.
7) The candidate will also support product productivity initiatives by leading the packaging role by working with the suppliers, procurement and manufacturing teams.
8) The position will coordinate activities of Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and other Company groups required to complete assigned equipment projects in support of the operation of the manufacturing including new and existing packaging designs.
9) The candidate will also lead trouble shooting packaging concerns by interacting with the technical services team and the engineering team, and identify equipment and/ or process solutions including design solutions.
· B.S. in Packaging Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related Manufacturing Engineering discipline and minimum 5 years’ experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with demonstrated accomplishments in packaging design.
· The successful applicant will have a package engineering, materials science or process development background, experience with the implementation of flexible packaging and disposables into cell culture workflows and ability to work with customers one-on-one in a consulting role to design custom products and lead them through implementation.
· Excellent time management and communication skills.
· Customer-facing thought leader and consultant in the design of an engineering/technical response to new product/application opportunities and new manufacturing opportunities.
· Packaging Engineer will work proactively to translate new technologies and best practices into new product offerings and work closely with operations to ensure optimal manufacturing of new and existing packaging designs
· Proficiency with AutoCAD application or other 3d modeling software is preferred.
· Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.