Job Title : Area Sales Manager - Chemicals
Reports To : Regional Sales Manager - Chemicals
Group/Division : LSI
Position Location : Vishakapatnam
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Chemical business Team is engaged in selling high purity chemicals to all QC/QA/ R&D/ Production labs. We are one of the leading brand in the market .This business primarily comprises of Organic and Analytical chemicals . ThermoFisher represent 5 leading brand in this segments which are Fisher Chemicals, Qualigens Chemicals, Acros Organic, Alfa-Aesar, Maybridge. This position will be responsible for the complete range of ThermoFisher chemicals to customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
·Responsible to grow Chemical business by effectively managing and developing Customer and Channel Partner relationships and thus increase sales from the customers.
· Responsible for the Grow & Drive business of Assign Area.
· Develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales.
· Works closely with Customer Service /Product team/ Supply chain Team to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
· Collaborates with marketing team to create more and more awareness for Chemical Market of Assign Market
· Responsible for preparation of Sales Forecasts, effective trend analysis and drive achievement. Follows up diligently on leads received from other areas/divisions of the organization.
· Meet AOP numbers and achieves annual sales and gross margin targets; operates within expense budget guidelines & policies.
· Functions as a segment expert; understands market issues & trends impacting the chemical segment of the market & brings Strategic direction to grow the business of assign area
· Identify new key Customers. Participates in scientific events such as CMEs and build Key Opinion Leaders
· Responsible for keeping Account Receivables under control.
· Organize regular reviews with Customer & Channel Partner of assigned area.
· Forecasts the sales funnel for the assign area / Customer
· Increase Brand Awareness & Improve Customer Allegiance Scores
· Work with channel partners to monitor & grow Chemical business in assigned territory /Customer
· Mapping of direct and indirect sales in the Customer /Channel Partner
· Leverage Thermo Fisher Connections including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
· Lead Business development initiatives in the Region, with aim of improving Market Share in major /key accounts
·Bachelors / Masters degree in Science , MBA along with master degree will be preferred .
·Minimum of 6-10 years industry experience with a successful track record for sales and marketing
·Experience of Key Account Management & Channel partners
·Willingness to travel 50% of the time region
· Must have excellent negotiation skills to close sales through channel management
· Strong communication skills
· Scientific approach to the customers
· Efficient work organizational skills
· Excellent presentation and troubleshooting skills
· Must have scientific way of thinking and establishing concepts
· Good industry contacts
· Team player
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.