Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – North BID
Job Location: Gurgaon (Delhi)
Reporting to : General Manager – BID
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: LSG Bioscience division – Consumables & Benchtops
Role & Responsibilities
Responsible to grow BID business by effectively managing and developing Customer and Channel Partner relationships and thus increase sales from the customers.
• Responsible for the Grow & Drive business of Assign Area.
• Develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales.
• Collaborates with marketing team to create more and more awareness for Market
• Responsible for preparation of Sales Forecasts, effective trend analysis and drive achievement. Follows up diligently on leads received from other areas/divisions of the organization.
• Meet AOP numbers and achieves annual sales and gross margin targets; operates within expense budget guidelines & policies.
• Functions as a segment expert; understands market issues & trends impacting the segment of the market & brings Strategic direction to grow the business of assign area
• Identify new key Customers. Participates in scientific events and build Key Opinion Leaders
• Organize regular reviews with Customer & Channel Partner of assigned area.
• Leverage Thermo Fisher Connections including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
• Lead Business development initiatives in the Region, with aim of improving Market Share in major /key accounts
• Evaluate, coach, and develop channel partners covering the territories and deliver strong sales growth
• Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline, forecast management and leverage sales tools for pipeline updates & tracking
Education & Experience levels:
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Science , MBA along with master degree will be preferred
Nature of experience:
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience in sales of scientific solutions to any or all of the following markets Pharmaceutical, BioPharma, Life Science Research (Govt & Academics), Healthcare
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Scientific approach to the customers
- Efficient work organizational skills
- Experience in large corporations
- Experience in Key Account Management
- Excellent presentation and troubleshooting skills
- Must have a scientific way of thinking and establishing concepts
- Good industry contacts
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time region
- Team player
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.