The Senior Manager of Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that will enable broader Thermo Fisher divisional engagement, incremental opportunity identification, improvement in customer experience, and accelerated revenue generation with targeted customers within a given geography. Targeted customers will be small to mid-sized organizations, primarily focused on the biopharma segment.
- Develop and foster strong customer relationships at senior levels (C-suite, R&D, Finance, Operations).
- Work closely with customers and industry organizations to develop a deep understanding of focus areas and organizational imperatives, building strong and collaborative relationships with key contacts.
- Act as Thermo Fisher Scientific face to customer/point person for targeted senior-level customer relationships.
- Provide guidance and support for unresolved customer-facing issues escalated by customer/account team.
- Craft holistic regional/account strategy that spans the breadth of Thermo Fisher Scientific offerings based on opportunity assessment of targeted accounts.
- Develop and articulate value proposition specific to targeted customers that will resonate and reflect the depth and scale of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Develop detailed account plans that profile opportunities by functional area, and work closely with account teams to execute on the plan.
- Develop a robust understanding of the competition (e.g. high-level financials, client segmentation, product portfolio, strategy) and implications to account planning process.
- Drive overall performance of the account team, coordinating with account team to ensure strong commercial execution.
- Strategically engage Thermo Fisher resources to enhance customer experience at targeted accounts.
- Monitor competitive activities to understand implications and react accordingly
- Drive lead coordination and communication across account team. Conduct regular program strategy discussions and review with the account team in given geography. Conduct periodic account specific meetings with high-touch reps for account-specific strategy discussion/review.
- Coordinate with account team to establish baseline customer engagement and project pipeline.
- Coordinate with account team to capture and report incremental customer engagement and pipeline activity.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Insert paragraph outlining requirements, including degree/education, years of experience, minimum qualifications, industry- or instrument-specific experience, skills required and any physical demands such as lifting requirements or exposure to chemicals. Travel requirements should also be included.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sciences required. MBA or advanced degree in sciences a significant plus
- 7-10 years of relevant commercial and/or marketing experience. Management and/or senior-level Business Development experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively and articulate company value proposition with executive level contacts is required.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity with Thermo Fisher divisions and business units.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to build and develop internal relationships at all levels and comfortable working and leading in a matrix environment.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to build and develop senior-level customer relationships.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work cooperatively with channels in support of customer requirements/demand fulfillment.