When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
TERRITORY: So. CA, AZ, HI, NM, AK (So Cal preferred location)
This role is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets – Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
How will you make an impact?
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist with a background in Next Generation Sequencing and Diagnostics Informatics to further strengthen our team. You would be part of a field based team focused on supporting the clinical testing market.
What will you do?
- Develop Thermo Fisher business and relationship by providing:
- Primary support for Clinical laboratories with training, validation and troubleshooting for our Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio (mainly NGS)
- Promotion of clinical solution to existing customers
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
- Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers
- Understanding the clinical landscape and develop a strategy how to best tackle the clinical markets with Clinical Sales counterparts
- Manage relationships with key Thermo Fisher Scientific collaborating partners
- Review and assist customers with analyses of their Ion Torrent data using Torrent Suite and Ion Reporter software packages
- Help customers design and conducts experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products
- Provide initial training to customers at their own CLIA/GLP laboratories and at ThermoFisher training locations
- Understanding of CAP/CLIA NGS Guidelines for Lab Developed Tests.
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Promote new products (clinical solutions) on customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical Account Manager to set up the best support strategy for each customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and develop the CRM database
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
- Estimated 50-75% travel.
- BA/BS (with experience) or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- Experience in NGS sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis, qPCR, and RT-PCR
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, guidelines, and environments
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer clinical needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
- Previous experience as application specialist desirable (NGS experience desirable)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Strong drive for success
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com