Manages the business/sales relationship with accounts and partners in North America Region focusing on Genomic applications to grow current revenue streams and/or develop new revenue streams. The account responsibility may be for one or several, strategic or key accounts, as well as developing accounts. This position carries a sales quota for a specific geographic area.
- Knowledgeable about current genomics instrumentation, reagents and workflows.
- Familiar with the application of Sanger, qPCR, microarray and NGS technologies as applied to clinical and molecular diagnostics, translational research, molecular biology, microbiome, and crop science markets.
- Understands the fundamentals of biobanking
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Serves as customer advocate and ensures that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts at an executive level in potential customers, and builds alignment with the right people in the political structure.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Establishes executive level presence in key accounts, and fully understands business issues and drivers.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Develops executive relationships between accounts and Digital Science executives.
- Works with sales executives from other Divisions and Sectors to identify cross-selling opportunities.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
BS/BA degree in Microbiology, Biology or related science with 5+ years of selling enterprise software
- Ability to perform in the following areas:
- Account Planning
- Customer Management
- Partner Management
- Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline
- Positioning and Selling
- Leveraging Internal Resources
- Negotiating and Closing Sales
- Supports Account Teaming