When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Inventory Coordinator II duties will include the inventory management aspect of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Managed Services core offerings such as: conducting daily cycle count, root cause analysis, and inventory reconciliation. This position will utilize the functionality of SAP system and applications in support of various inventory/chemical management and Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Internal customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
This position is primarily focused on the inventory management aspects of Supply Chain and is embedded on-site in Canoga Park, CA for our Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business unit.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s and work instructions
- Take direction from Site Supervisor and Management regarding daily duties
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to prioritize and meet daily requirements
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various inventory locations and TDX reports to ensure accuracy levels and Thermo Fisher requirements are met
- Communicates with supervisor any issues or potential problems
- Extract data and prepares various reports pertinent to Inventory Control
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team
- Listens to internal customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
- Utilizes systems or performs the functions that support various inventory and chemical management programs
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements
- Performs stockroom duties to include: inventory counts, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to TDX requirements
- Covers for outbound shipment verifications from time to time
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years of relevant experience of supply chain and inventory control
- Strong desire to serve all internal customers, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel
- Basic operating skills and knowledge to use hand held scanners and learn to extract and utilize MRP/ ERP data as necessary
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Proficient with using a computer and the Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) programs
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able and willing to drive a forklift as necessary
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly with all levels of organization
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Four-I Values
- Works primarily at site locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- Extensive walking and counting inside the waling freezers may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- Any college education or certifications are a plus
- Experience in SAP
This position is not approved for relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.