Senior Director, Commercial Operations, Emerging Markets
Role location: Uppsala, Sweden or Western Europe or Dubai or APAC
The role leads the IDD International Commercial in a matrix organization, in close corporation with the country and regional managers. The region “International” is geographically defined as all countries except from Western Europe, USA and Japan. The region is a mix of distributor/channel sales and direct sales with established commercial organizations in India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, South Africa and LATAM. The role includes leadership of Marketing & Sales, Field Service, Supply Chain and support and collaboration with the existing portfolio of distributors. The role is responsible for achieving and exceeding annual revenue, growth and profitability objectives by creating and implementing robust go to market strategy, forecasting and sales processes, hiring, retaining and developing of key talent and by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our distributors and customers.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Develop our long-term Strategic International ambition and roadmap for future International investments to ensure continuous organic growth, margin expansion and cash flow generation for the region.
- Develop and meet annual operating plans and deliver operational execution with a focus on Commercial excellence.
- Lead and mange overall liaison between Divisional Function with a focus on Marketing & Commercial functions, QA/RA and our customers to drive growth and CAS including channel sales management.
- The role will ensure an alignment of the IDD International activities to drive growth and market share gains
- Collaborating strategically and tactically with commercial management and other key functions / businesses (e.g. IT, portfolio management, PPI, pricing, customer service, Thermo Fisher country entities, other Thermo Fisher divisions), which will be used to maximize revenue and EBITA contribution to the company
- Growing market share for products through a comprehensive understanding of the market and a steady stream of innovative and competitive product/service releases to the marketplace
- Providing innovative leadership, direction and development opportunities to the team
- Measuring and improving results through a metrics-driven, continuous improvement culture
- Leading targeted market research to identify and clarify new opportunities, market share assessment and set strategic and tactical priorities and country specific go to market strategies.
- Developing and implementing pricing and positioning strategies in collaboration with commercial management, which will be used to maximize revenue and EBITA contribution to the company
- Engaging as needed in large customer relationships pre- and post- contract, to guide the value proposition, commercial negotiation, and implementation planning activities
- Hiring, developing, and leading senior functional and operational management to deliver plan results and secure organizational capabilities.
- Champion for driving lean PPI business processes and operations
- Master/MBA or Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
Professional Experience Qualifications:
- 10+ years of executive leadership with proven results in growing top line revenue and driving profitable growth in mature and emerging businesses (or having surpassed competitor growth in emerging markets)
- P&L or revenue responsibility of at least $M100.
- Life science, diagnostics, medical device, pharmaceutical, or other health care experience in a highly regulated environment is required
- Relevant experience in B2B distribution, professional / business services, manufacturing and/or technology.
- Ability to develop creative growth strategies / business models and guide successful execution
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Ability to manage effectively in a multi-faceted matrix environment and display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships with business unit team, division staff, cross-regional leaders, and corporate leadership team
- Integrates data from multiple sources and assesses trends quickly
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, to take initiative, be resourceful, and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written presentation skills.
- International experience is required, as well as demonstrated cultural awareness.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
- This position requires significant international travel – up to 50%, as required.