About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Work with the Supervisor of Field Service Engineering to execute the engineering strategy while providing an exceptional customer experience through best practices and standard operating procedures. This position will focus on the holistic care of instrumentation within the allergy and autoimmune diseases in the in-vitro diagnostics space. The individual will provide service and repair works on the highly complex and fully integrated systems place in hospitals and commercial laboratories
- Systems installations, troubleshooting, service and repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance and manage regional preventative maintenance schedules
- Handle service calls and manage regional customer base
- Provide onsite service training to BioMedical Engineering Technicians (BMET) or advanced operators
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory
- Documenting daily service actions through the company database
- Assisting fellow Field Service Engineers with more complex installations and repairs
- Strong competency in electrical/electronics, mechanics, software and chemistry technology.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive, professional manner.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Must be computer literate, an analytical thinker with good engineering aptitude. Some field service experience is a plus.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision (more supervision if assigned to the home office).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Associates Degree
- Ability to travel up to 85% of time
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass an in-depth background check
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.