When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Actively engage in global sourcing activities to achieve year on year cost savings target for assigned commodity and Singapore site
- Lead and drive cost savings projects to ensure timely implementation
- Engage in supplier contract negotiations to drive year on year cost down
- Periodic benchmarking exercise for assigned commodity to seek cost opportunities and /or maintain pricing competitiveness
- Supplier Relationship Management engagement through regular strategic business reviews with suppliers in assigned commodities
- Provide technical sourcing support to R&D to meet aggressive COGS target and/or new suppliers/commodities for development
- Escalation path for purchasing group to support delivery expediting and/or quality matters to ensure supply continuity
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electronics Engineering
- Hands-on experience in Sourcing, Procurement, Process engineering or Vendor Quality Management in an MNC, IPO setup or Manufacturing Company. [3 years]
- Familiar with SAP/R3 Applications or JD Edwards ERP Systems [3 years]
- Experience in strategic Procurement planning [3 years]
- Planning and Analytical Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to manage relationships or strategic suppliers.
- Work independently and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of SAP/ E 1 MRP and PC software applications skills.
- Good problem solving and independent decision-making ability
- Absolute integrity is essential
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.