When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us as an Instrument Sales Representative and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Instrument Sales Representative is responsible for achieving budgetary targets by selling the microplate readers, microplate washers, Kingfisher automated purification machines and consumables, dispensers, stackers and proprietary automation consumables through multiple sales channels within a defined geographic territory. This individual must design, implement, and execute short and long-term sales strategies that will result in territory growth. Being goal-oriented, proactive and well organized is necessary for success.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- A thorough understanding of capital equipment sales cycle and sales cycle management.
- Aptitude to sell a balanced product portfolio of instruments and consumables.
- Ability to sell products to multiple customer levels within an organization.
- Territory management, focus on key accounts and key areas to drive business directly and supporting distribution channels. Manage full territory utilizing all distribution reps.
- Technical expertise on product line is necessary to perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
- Provide routine feedback related to technology and customers needs that would be important for new product development.
- Prepares and plans a schedule that maximizes interaction with prospective customers.
- Schedules and conducts product demonstrations to customers using detailed product knowledge and presenting the product first-hand.
- Self motivated to improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone. Also travels as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of manufacturing department’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares expense reports, call reports, monthly reports and forecasts as requested by the NA Sales Manager.
- Sound computer skills and the ability to utilize Salesforce.com as a CRM.
- Develop and execute key account planning and development. Identify opportunities for assigned products and resolve any hurdles that may surface.
- Provide marketing feedback from account and dealer visits to include general economic, product, and competitive information.
- Conduct product seminars at customer locations.
- Assist dealer sales people on the assigned product lines in the territory by training, solving problems, joint calls, product shows, etc.
- Develop positive account and dealer relationships by being responsive and proactive.
- Monitor and manipulate sales data to improve sales efficiency.
- Achieve annual sales target and execute marketing plans as they are announced.
- Conduct regular dealer office visits to monitor sales results, develop, and maintain on going sales activities and training of key distribution personnel.
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, or bundling
arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products. Also follow up with dealers or end users to ensure estimated volumes are achieved.
- BS degree in Biology, Bioscience, Business, or other related field.
- 2+ years experience in industry, academia, or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities. Capital sales experience is a plus.
- Experience selling through multiple channels including direct sales and marketing is desired
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today ttp://jobs.thermofisher.com