The Thermo Fisher Scientific Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) is designed to accelerate early career development of high potential college graduates or Junior Military Officers and prepare them for upwardly mobile careers within Procurement at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The program is managed by a dedicated Program Manager with oversight by senior Procurement leaders and executives.
The program prepares participants for roles of increasing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. Program participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior Procurement leaders and participate in various key Procurement initiatives.
Program participants have four 6-month rotation assignments during the two year program. As part of the rotational program, candidates may rotate through locations in Massachusetts and California. Geographic flexibility is required both during and upon completion of the program.
Rotation examples include:
· Sourcing Analyst or Program Leader
· Supplier Quality Engineer
· Sourcing Category Leader
The PLDP program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years. Prior to completing the program, participants work with the Program Manager and interview for positions across the Procurement organization.
· Student completing a Bachelors degree between December 2016 and July 2017; preferred majors: Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or other related or prior military experience as a Junior Military Officer
· GPA of 3.2 or greater
· Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in Procurement or Operations
· Related work or internship experience strongly desired
· Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.