When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Graduate Leadership Development Program (GLDP) provides a unique opportunity for high potential advanced degree graduates to develop the skills necessary for careers as General Managers at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Multiple rotation assignments over two years provide broad experience in different facets of general management while allowing for exposure to Thermo Fisher’s core processes, technologies, and leaders. Rotations are determined through a combination of individual development needs and business priorities and may be located at any US Thermo Fisher Scientific location. Rotations expose program participants to diverse functional areas, business units, products/services, and geographical areas. Additional learning opportunities round out the two year development program and include: three formal learning sessions, an Executive Mentor program, monthly meetings, and Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Action Learning Project, participation in company-wide leadership programs, and a network of Graduate Leadership Development Program graduates across the company.
Relocation is required both during and after completion of the program. Some rotations may require travel, either domestic or international. Relocation assistance is provided.
Rotations include exposure to:
• Manufacturing plants
• Company processes and systems
• Emerging markets
• Annual Operating Plans
• Strategic initiatives
• Senior Leaders
The GLDP program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years. From a post-program placement perspective, participants will work with their Program Manager to identify positions in which to interview across the organization.
• Graduate student completing MBA between December 2016 and June 2017
• Desire for a career in General Management leadership
• Proven track record of accomplishments
• Energized through change agent behaviors
• Ability to interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail and drive for results
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experiences
• Ability to effectively adapt to new assignments, managers, businesses, and locations
• Desire to work in a manufacturing environment
• Business understanding of metrics, budgets, and strategy aligned with business objectives
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong professional presence
• Experience in life sciences, business, or engineering
• Authorization to work in the US without restriction
• Willingness to relocate for each of the three rotations (to any of our U.S.-based locations)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.