Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Lead the Field Service Technician team in assuring timely repairs/installations for Regional customers all in accordance to FDA regulations and ISO compliance.
Build a highly-responsive, well-trained, cost effective Regional Field Service Team in place to help us support and differentiate our products in the US marketplace. Manage working relationship with the external Field Service contract support and BMET organizations. Monitors Regional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance and ensures compliance with customer service agreements.
Provide leadership for on-site service and repair of highly complex and fully integrated diagnostic automation systems used in hospitals and private laboratories. Duties include but are not limited to:
- A working supervisor, leading regional efforts in conjunction with central team to resolve and support customer issues.
- Manage escalation of critical, complicated service calls and provide expertise to resolve the issue. Provide on-site support as needed in the Region.
- Prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements
- Direct teams to perform instrument installations, troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance, and handling service calls
- Build and manage team metrics such as response time, first visit repair, and cycle time
- Ensure team strives for high levels of customer satisfaction
- Build closer relationship with Territory Account Managers and support post-sales activities
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
BS in Engineering and 1 - 3 plus years or AS-equivalent and 5-7 years of service leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Excellent communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive, professional manner
- Proven ability to lead a team to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical instrumentation in a laboratory environment
- Ability to lead and develop employees with varying levels of development & experience to meet business goals.
- Customer Service system (satisfaction) exposure / experience
- Ability to travel 80% or more
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.