Job Title: Engineer I, Software
Location: Tijuana, B.C. Mexico
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering, Corporate Information Technology
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is eligible for relocation benefits to Tijuana.
Watch our Tijuana team talk about what it is like to work here and the technology they impact daily. http://bit.ly/2bTqy1j
- Design, develop, test, deploy, administrate, and maintain database, data transformation, data visualization, reporting, and medical information systems and platforms.
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions.
- Define technical requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently.
- Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues.
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
- Significant understanding of object oriented design and programming.
- < 2 years of experience with Java; other languages (C++, Ruby, Python, etc. will be considered).
- Hands-on knowledge of user interface frameworks such AngularJS and JQuery. Kendo UI, REST AP.
- Significant experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Bash) on Windows or Linux.
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices (TDD, DDD).
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and "figure out what needs figuring out".
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others.
- Expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g. UML).
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs.
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks, and SQL.
- Expertise in Configuration Management tools and concepts required.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum/XP).
- Cloud Experience
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, SQLLite) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j). Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.