When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You'll Make A Difference:
The Product Manager is a global position which enhances the value of the product portfolio with the development and implementation of new products, branding and channel management of their specific product line in the Vaccines and Biologics Business of the Laboratory Consumables Division for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Product Manager reports to the Business Director of Vaccines and Biologics and is responsible for the execution of objectives and decisions for the specific market segment. The role is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans that increase revenue and market share, drive product development, and the provision of necessary training on usage of the products.
What You'll Get To Do:
Product Life Cycle Management
• Develop the positioning strategy of all products and services considering price, volume, share and profitability.
• Responsible for defining regional promotional tools and sales tactics to increase revenue including product pricing with commercial teams.
• Lead cross-functional new product development teams and all product management aspects associated with product definition, product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools, and promotion plans.
• Ensure assigned products are responsive to market needs, drive continuous improvements where needed to maintain and/or improve market penetration and share position.
• Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the product line’s competitive edge.
• Evaluate assigned products for obsolescence and communicate recommendations for cost effective product management.
• Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) and validate data to drive decisions on development of product plans and identification of new opportunities.
• Lead projects to evaluate and provide direction for growth opportunities that leverage market trends and needs for integrated solutions.
Product Line Performance
• Lead all product management related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
• Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in the development of strategic marketing plans and programs related to assigned products.
• Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition
Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
• Conduct research and maintain relevant market data and competitive intelligence. Interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback.
• Generating competitive product analyses to identify differentiators and inform development processes to aid in developing winning products.
• Synthesize conclusions from such research to communicate key findings to other key stakeholders and drive action.
• Support the marketing communications team to develop appropriate collateral support including catalogs, launch kits, sales communications, instruction sheets, etc., for driving sales (web enabled).
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing Communications to develop appropriate E Commerce sales plans and promotions.
• Develops materials for the assigned products and leads or supports training programs. Deliver training in person or via remote technology (e.g., GoTo Meeting, WebEx).
• Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions.
• Understands how the businesses operates and demonstrates knowledge of policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization and industry
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a BS or BA with an MBA highly preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in product planning and product life-cycle management including experience with stage-gate product development processes. 10+ years overall experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to conduct financial analyses, develop financial models and interpret P&L statements as they relate to the product portfolio.
• Experience in developing and launching new products.
• Strong technical capabilities consistent with market segment, experience in bioprocessing preferred.
• Experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels such as Tier 1 and Tier 2 distributors and direct - strongly preferred
• Requires up to 30% travel including international.
• Proven ability to influence and lead convincingly, to drive cross-functional teams to success in challenging and ambiguous situations. Experienced working in a matrixed organization.
• Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4i values.
• Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
• Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
• Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive change successfully.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com