As the leading supplier of life science technology and related applications, we are helping life scientists understand and use the power of biology to pursue new scientific discoveries and methods for diagnosing and treating disease.
If you're interested in a challenging career in one of the fastest moving fields today, you've come to the right place.
In this role, you will work as part of a cross functional team to help drive our infectious disease or oncology applications strategy and business as part of the Applied Biosystems Sequencing team.
Position requires knowledge and experience in molecular oncology or microbial diagnostics, assay design, analysis software, product development and commercialization.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Manage core consumables for our industry leading capillary sequencing and fragment analysis business.
- Drive the development of new products and software.
- Perform market research; define product concept, customer
requirement and product requirement. Drive product to completion and lead product commercialization.
- Maintain routine communication with product marketing and R&D in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Attend scientific meetings to interface with customers and gather information on trends, products and discoveries affecting the product applications.
- Provides business unit with reports on customer success and satisfaction for product group.
- Collaborating with the Sales organization to deliver sales presentations on products at customer sites and scientific conferences
- Provide content for development of marketing materials, sales presentations and training programs.
- Understand customer needs with an understanding of technology, a thorough knowledge of the demonstration goals and enable the field to articulate and achieve those goals.
- Provides support in customer collaborations to ensure effective working relationships and timely adoption of products.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Molecular Biology or Cell biology or related degree. Advanced degree desirable.
Requires a minimum of 3 years of previous product management experience in biotech industry.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in marketing, presenting and documenting materials is required.
Approximately 20% travel required.