This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop front end functionality for web projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will coordinate with UI lead and backend developers and other team members to design and implement user interfaces for applications based on JAVA and related technologies. Candidate will work with backend developers to implement and maintain web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Middleware and ERPs.
- Hands on front-end development.
- Work closely with development team, develop, unit test, debug and maintain front end of web applications based on functional requirements and scope of work.
- Confirm to DTD adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4-7 years experience in front-end development role,
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with responsive design.
- Experience coding in JSP, would be nice to have.
- Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.
- Be performance driven, highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Exposure to Agile delivery methodology would be nice to have.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be good to have.