Job Title: Engineer III, Software
Location: Tijuana, B.C. Mexico
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering, Corporate Information Technology
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is eligible for relocation benefits to Tijuana.
Watch our Tijuana team talk about what it is like to work here and the technology they impact daily. http://bit.ly/2bTqy1j
Candidates should be experienced in building back end scalable services, familiar with designing database data tiers on top of relational SQL databases and fluent in web front end technologies. The ideal candidate will possess all those skills, plus experience with building high performance, high scalability and high availability websites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development working on large scale distributed systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structure, algorithm design and complexity
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as C, C++, Java
- Experience building highly scalable and available web applications on top of multi-tiered systems utilizing Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Linux, Java, Java Script/JQuery, Unix, NO SQL, SQL, HTML/CSS, REST, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Amazon (AWS), Micro Services, Agile Team, Angular JS, Python, Selenium, Maven, Spring, Grunt, Shell Scripting
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.