Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan – eligible to participate to earn additional compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days of employment
- Starting compensation is $12.50/hour
- 10% Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
The Operator II, Manufacturing position is responsible for all tasks associated with the operation, inspecting and packaging of finished goods, including but not limited to; performing all required quality checks to include visual inspection of parts for defects (fill levels, packaging and others); completing production operations work orders accurately to include filling, capping, labeling, packaging and cleaning. The Operator II, Manufacturing will also be responsible for performing equipment set-up and change over, basic preventative maintenance, cleaning of equipment, work area and facility while complying with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement teams
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner
- Cleans packaging rooms and machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs)
- Provide support to meet department and company objectives
- Ability to clearly document required information
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures as documented and trained
- Comply with all company policies and procedures (safety, regulatory, etc.)
- Specific Job Related Training Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance
- Must have basic computer skills, to include, but not be limited to: data entry, log in/out, screen and program navigation