When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
Software Engineer III
- Algorithm development – development of signal processing algorithms for turning data into biology.
- Data analysis & experimental design – work closely with molecular biologists and engineers to improve instrument performance.
- Designing experiments to probe instrument performance for downstream applications and analyzing large scale next generation sequencing datasets.
- Pipeline development – generating reproducible tools that scale with the size of datasets.
- Ongoing collaboration and communication with other teams.
- PhD or Masters degree with equivalent experience in Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or comparable from accredited higher learning institution.
- Advanced knowledge in statistics, programming, and computer science required.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and in either Python or R.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in bioinformatics or computational biology in industry setting, with strong experience in next-generation sequencing, microarrays, or other genome scale data types.
- Experience in biostatistics, advanced mathematics and system modeling.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.