Fisher Clinical Services GmbH is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporation, a world-class company serving the scientific community and healthcare industry. We are leaders in providing clinical supply chain management services and clinical supplies distributed to patients worldwide. We are looking for a
Applications Specialist ICP & Chromatography Switzerland
- Responsible for active participation in the Switzerland sales support team and to achieve their identified goals and participate in achievement of the team goals.
- Personally responsible to manage their allocated Switzerland Inductive coupled Plasma (ICP) & Chromatography application/demonstration/training requests ensuring timely and efficient, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organization. Close co-operation with other product lines is required to make best use of available resources and customer requirements.
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations will ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other members of the team and the responsible manager.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them.
- Ensures Training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focusing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participates in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Personally responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that the capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
- Since business needs are constantly evolving must be responsive to, plan for and embrace change.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and apps projects and sharing such work/results with responsible manager.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer interactions and to the responsible manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with this role. The focus points might vary from individual to individual depending on their expertise and market requirements. Other activities and responsibilities not in the above list may well be required.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with several years hands-on product experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak the “technical language” of the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but also through Europe
- Fluent in German, good English knowledge, additional Language skills are a positive asset
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.