How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
The Senior Manager position will lead the Group accounting function within the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Group accounting function is responsible for accurate and timely global consolidations and reporting of LSG ($4 billion in revenue).
What will you do?
The Senior Manager will lead a team of four accountants and have responsibilities related to the following areas:
- Purchase accounting for LSG acquisitions and integration into our accounting and reporting structure and processes
- Consolidations of 200+ ledgers into Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Monthly closing of the Group accounting ledgers in accordance with the financial close schedule
- Analytical review of the monthly financial results of the global LSG business
- Technical accounting research of complex issues to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Coordination of the quarterly reviews and year-end financial audit process performed by the external independent auditors
- Ensure that global accounting functions are being performed as stated in company procedures, financial close schedule, and in accordance with US GAAP and SOX
- Review work and conduct goal setting, performance evaluations and career development discussions for team
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives
This role will work closely with the regional accounting teams, the accounting shared service center, the corporate accounting team and the LSG FP&A groups. This role will report to the Director of Accounting and will be a key member of the North America accounting leadership team.
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and are a CPA
- You have 8+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience with at least 3 years of management experience (combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred)
- You possess a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with demonstrated advanced accounting and technical skills
- You have effective written and oral communication skills
- You can thrive in a large, matrixed, international organization and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
- You are successful in a fast pace environment