As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
BUSINESS CONTOLLER, SP&A
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Business controller (Finance Manager) for Sample Preparation and Analysis (SP&A) business segment. Reporting to the Finance Director in the Biosciences Division, this finance leader will be responsible for supporting SP&A business segment and the Vantaa factory/operations as a strong business partner for the Operations and Business Management teams.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and proactive person to support driving growth, productivity and accountability within the company. This role offers a diverse and challenging opportunity to support different aspects of the business, the SP&A business segment, the R&D organization as well as operations, as finance business partner.
We are looking for an individual who has several years experience in business controlling roles in a matrix global company. Experience in a global manufacturing organization is a benefit. The role fits for a more senior candidate driving change or for a more junior candidate getting up to speed. As an employee you have a strong will to develop yourself constantly. You have good interaction and team working skills and proven track record of meeting deadlines. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Partner with the global business leads to drive top line growth in the Sample Preparation and Analysis (SP&A)
- Provide financial support to the SP&A business team and provide evaluation of opportunities and initiatives to deliver profitable growth.
- Support new product development process focused on accuracy in financial modeling to drive decision making and prioritization of projects. Participate in stage review process.
- Support in the development and preparation of the 5 year strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analysis.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and strategic/financial planning activity. Partner with Business and Operations Management to set annual financial/operating goals for business and monitor the progress throughout the year. Maintain accurate forecasting of the business performance throughout the year. Develop and execute appropriate contingency plans as needed.
- Responsible for developing and driving the results for the Monthly MBR process.
- Champion for PPI and lean transformation. Actively drive productivity and a continuous improvement culture. Partner with operations team to identify high impact projects, and to validate and accurately measure all project savings.
- Drive working capital reduction. Closely working with operations team to develop and execute sustained inventory reduction.
- Establish relationships with senior management level individuals across the business unit and define practices and strategies to add value and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Several years of Finance business partner/controller experience with the ability to make suggestions and drive results
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or several years of experience in working life in management accounting
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to accounting, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues.
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is a benefit, as is experience in installation of financial systems and development of product cost methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact.
- The candidate needs strong communication skills and ability to work in and influence a complex matrix structure
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and COGNOS
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English and Finnish.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex matrix structure.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 49415BR.
Application deadline by Wednesday 14th of June.
Should you have any questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Essi Lovén-Kujala, Senior Recruiter, 050-3586635 on 5th of June between 8.30-9.30 and 9th of June 8-9.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.