Primary objective is to grow qPCR consumables (Assays & Reagents) revenue by executing on the qPCR Cons Channel Sales System with the BID and RSD Channel Channel reps. This includes joint and direct selling activities.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Siebel system and other designated IT tools. Orchestrates resources and personally engages key customers for the benefit of the qPCR Cons business. Develops and maintains deep current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory. To utilize product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio, to successfully apply consultative and strategic selling presentations. Understands customer goals, priorities and challenges such that Life Technologies solutions are best positioned to address customer needs.
- Expands BID/RSD qPCR Cons mindshare and value-add: Capitalizes on local marketing innovations (regional, country-level) to expand these programs within area-of-control. Provides RSD/BID sales reps with business planning and development consulting to ensure effective strategies
- RSD/BID Sell-Through Support: Provides Foundational qPCR Technical Training and qPCR Cons Sales Training. Promotes use of standardized value proposition: Why selling qPCR cons will enable the BID or RSD rep to achieve quota. Ensures use of standardized Playbook in each joint selling day. Teaching Channel Reps to Fish: Modeling the Sales Process for BID and RSD Sales Reps using the qPCR App. Motivates RSD/BID reps enthusiasm for qPCR Cons to stimulate aggressive selling. Facilitates responsive, real-time knowledge transfer between GSD reps and RSD/BID reps. Reviews RSD/BID marketing campaigns and plans to ensure accurate positioning and description of qPCR Cons products. Critically assesses qPCRs value propositions to ensure they speak to the interests and needs of RSD/BID reps or end-customers.
- Consistent Tool & Resource Utilization: Uses the tools, processes, and operational resources essential to improve and advance indirect sales. Standardized Territory and Account Review tools that leverage Predictive Analytics and are used every time the qPCR Cons Channel Rep works with a BID or RSD rep. Standardized “Progress Card” with metrics to measure effectiveness of Channels. Collaboratively monitors and influences partner sales pipeline management to ensure continuous population and movement of near- and long-term opportunities. Helps partners develop or refine opportunity planning and mapping. Champions innovations that improve partner pipeline management, alignment with GSD’s forecasting systems, and reporting accuracy
- Organizational Collaboration – Collaborates effectively with BID, RSD, GSD and across Thermo Fisher to obtain sponsorship and support, resolve issues, and expedite selling. Applies knowledge of GSD’s management structure and matrix organization to solve problems. Expands internal networks, contacts and relationships to maintain selling effectiveness. Builds relationships to regional qPCR Cons reps counterparts to share information and promote and practice local/geography consistency. Advises GSD on market gaps that qPCR’s portfolio that we are not currently but could be covering. Provides team leadership to less experienced channel reps
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Must have scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates the highest level of product and technical knowledge across the high-end qPCR and its applications. Knowledge of other Genetic platforms valued.
- Sales acumen and Independent Driver - accomplished sales skills, can speak to competitive technologies and demonstrates value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process to meet sales targets.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science preferred. Similar Field Application Support experience to be considered. Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies required along with some next-gen sequencing knowledge as well.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
- Residence in specified territory is a must.
- People with great influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others
- At least 50% travel required
- People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. Its in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful.
- We share a core mission. What we do matters and we can make a difference through the jobs we do.
- We thrive on competition. We need that energy, and enjoy the stress that comes with it.
- People and culture matters deeply. We celebrate diversity and teams. Fun is a critical element. We excel at working effectively across teams.