This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management and material handling. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are also required.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions with the assistance of the Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead).
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Utilizes basic systems as required by job function.
- Accesses & utilizes Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Perform order entry
- 1-2 years of similar experience is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms and storage locations
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
Must be able to work overtime as required