When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Unity Lab Services at our University of Alabama site. Specific activities relative to the job function include order management and customer service. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: procurement applications and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Provides order management and customer service support for Thermo Fisher Unity Lab Services Sales Reps.
- Handles necessary follow up requests and resolutions for damaged goods while solving problems resolving issues according to Unity Lab Services and customer requirements.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Continuous Improvement and Practical Process Improvement methodologies.
- Positively represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Follows all defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Takes direction from Site Supervisor and / or Account Manager (Sales Reps) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions based on ULS provided guidelines and / or site work instructions.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential process problems.
- Utilizes basic systems to support various Unity Lab Services processes.
- Accesses & utilizes Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including product returns as needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must have experience with PC Keyboard Data Entry (Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook).
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Works solely at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.