Job ID :
India - Bangalore
- Performing cell culture activities and laboratory techniques including aseptic expansion of mammalian cell lines, handling primary cells and immortal cells.
- Routine analytical techniques on cell culture samples, lysate preparation, buffer/medium preparation for western blotting testing, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence testing, GCD assay, RT-PCR and other related tests.
- Initiate, plan and execute scientific research with emphasis on gene editing technology
- Managing cell-based assays including siRNA, western blotting and immunocytochemistry.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of the cell culture and keeping thorough record of cell culture parameters and results into data sheets and/or electronic note books.
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols and filling out order forms.
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and validation phases.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience of genome editing technology and tools like CRISPR/Cas9 to generate knockout cell lines.
- Should have a clear understanding of recombinant DNA technologies and experience in designing sgRNAs.
- Strong laboratory skills in the area of cell culture, cell based assay, western blot, immunocytochemistry, qPCR and creating knockout cell lines. Candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology and working with primary neuronal cell lines.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- Industry experience, bioinformatics and grant writing skills will be considered as a bonus.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.