Job Title: Scientist II, Molecular Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Introduction to the Division /Function
BioSciences Division is part of Life Science Solutions Group in Thermo Fisher Scientific and R&D group in Bangalore is involved in antibodies and immunoassay development using recombinant DNA technology.
Role Description (Purpose of the role)
Scientist II will be working on ongoing R & D projects related to recombinant antibody development.
- Designing experiments towards development and validation of recombinant antibodies using standard biochemical, cellular & molecular biologic techniques
- Devising experiments employing immunocytochemical and protein detection techniques (Western Blotting, ICC, flow cytometry) in mammalian cell and tissue systems.
- Working on flow cytometry analysis- multiplexed immunophenotyping, principles of compensation and gating strategies. Performing fluorescence microscopy, image processing, image analysis, densitometric quantitation using relevant software and handling high throughput imaging systems
- Initiate, plan and execute scientific research with emphasis on protein detection
- Data analysis and diligent maintenance of records.
- Presenting data to a larger group on a regular basis and troubleshoot as needed.
- Keeping thorough record of results into data sheets and/or electronic note books.
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols and filling out order forms.
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and validation phases.
- Must have M.Sc. /MS in Life Sciences (Cell biology/molecular biology/biotechnology/biochemistry) with 1-3 years of research (academic/industry) experience.
- A keen interest and knowledge of human immunology, as well as experience with working on an immunological problem (human or mouse immune response related).
Skills and Experience
- Should have a clear understanding of recombinant DNA technologies, antibodies, and their development in vivo and in vitro is essential
- Must have strong background in the field of immunology, with hands-on research experience (academia/industry) working on an immunological problems related to human or mouse immune response.
- Up to date on cutting edge technologies and methods in flow cytometry and imaging
- Should have a clear understanding and laboratory skills in the area of immunoassays like western blot, ELISA, and immunofluorescence
- GMP experience, QC documentation, batch records and QPS
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment and strict adherence to deadlines is essential.
- Must have prior experience in mentoring undergraduate students or junior scientists.
- Excellent organizational skills
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.